Monday, February 20, 2012

When I Am Baptized

On January 7, 2012, darling Madison was baptized. What a special day that was for all of us. She chose the song, "When I Am Baptized" to sing as a solo, and I was blessed to accompany her on the piano. She also asked me to speak about the Gift of the Holy Ghost on that day and her daddy, Eddie, spoke on baptism. The spirit of the Lord was very strong with us that day. Madison was ready to be baptized, and she was excited. I took her shopping at Nordstrom's the night before to pick out two dresses - one for her baptism day, and the second one to wear on Sunday as she sat next to the bishop on the stand. There's nothing better than a day like this.


My mom, me and Madison
Madison's special baptism day brought back memories of my own children's baptism - and even my own. I was baptized in the Salt Lake City historic Tabernacle. I can still remember turning 8, wearing white and being baptized and confirmed by my dad. That special feeling I had that day, I can still remember.  I have reflected upon my own children's being baptized, where, when and who performed those sacred ordinances. How beautiful are those memories.  Here are a few pictures on baptism day of Adelaide, Nolan and Calvin. We were able to be at all of them in Virginia and Pennsylvania. I sang and spoke and Adelaide's and Nolan's. And due to a bronchitis, I couldn't sing at Calvin's, so he volunteered and walk right up front and sang "I Am a Child of God" A'Capella. It was beautiful and very, very special.
Adelaide's Special Day
Nolan's Baptism Day
Calvin's Baptism Day

No comments:

Post a Comment