Saturday, August 17, 2013

Lego Love


Lego's, like Barbie dolls, constantly update their inventory with the latest characters, cartoons, movies, and trends with new sets hitting the toy store shelves. My grandsons love lego's and every birthday, Christmas or "grandma visits", the gift requests always include Legos. The only thing I recall about this Legos frenzy is that when walking barefoot in a home that is Legos crazy, I step on one that causes me a little pain. But, I still smile, pick it up, and try to find the rightful owner.

Nolan's 12th Bday Lego's
Before I switched from my Droid phone to my iPhone, I took a lengthy video of Nolan telling me
all about his Legos collection. He started sharing his complex collection with me on one of my earlier visits last year and I was so fascinated with all that he knew, how everything worked within the set, and the psychology behind the various sets, that I said, "hold it ... let me record you." However, that video would not upload from my Droid phone to youtube - it was just to large of a file. So, the memories about that hour of explanation from Nolan is lost, but the excitement about his collections still makes me smile. So, this 12th birthday of Nolan I asked for the hyperlinks to the two sets he wanted, clicked and purchased them. He, obviously was thrilled!
Chamberlain








My last visit with Josh's family saw me heading to the Hurricane Walmart to have cute Chamberlain pick out his set. And of course, Calvin loves them as well, although Calvin tends to like the Super Hero characters sets. On our morning walks he would tell me all the ins and outs of various Super Heroes. I said, "wow, you know lots about Super Hero's. Calvin's confident answer to me was, "I'm a Super Hero genius!"

Calvin's Batman Collection



No comments:

Post a Comment