Thursday, February 20, 2014

I'm Proud of You

Joshua - Christopher - Angela - David and Benjamin
There's a simple Mr. Rogers song with the words,"I'm proud of you, I'm proud of you..." that describe how I've been feeling about my five kids all of the time, but more lately as I watch them take on their careers and family responsibilities. They are all amazing and they need to know how blessed I feel to have them living righteously and working hard towards achieving their personal goals. All five are married to wonderful spouses and with the support and love of their spouses and children, they are productive young people. And they are happy with the things they are doing. What could a parent ask for beyond that?
And yes, I may complain a bit too often that they all don't live on my (imaginary) Burgess Boulevard here in Southern California, but I'm blessed to be able to travel freely to visit them often during the year.

Ben and family
Ben served a 2-year mission in Guatemala, then upon returning home graduated from the University of Utah in marketing, has five children and a great job with the Big Pig company there in Pennsylvania.

Angela
Angela graduated from Brigham Young University, has six children and is building a successful business with the doTerra Network Marketing company.

Chris
Chris has five children, and just graduated from the University of Utah and is assistant coaching basketball there, working towards a coaching career after playing professional basketball internationally for the past eleven years.

Joshua with Chamberlain and Siri
Joshua served a two-year mission in the Philippines and upon his arrival home continued his education and graduated from Brigham Young University, has three children and is a pharmaceutical rep.

David and Donovan
David has one baby boy and is finishing up his college studies at Azusa Pacific here in California. After playing professional basketball and working with security at the Wynn in Las Vegas, he and his family moved here and are aggressively working towards their goals.

I am beyond blessed and they need to know how much joy they all have brought me over the years, raising them, watching them succeed in music, sports, missions and careers. But most importantly is their love and devotion they show to their spouses and families. Families are Forever means everything to me, as do they. Another upcoming post highlighting their wonderful spouses is coming. Hugs to you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment