Monday, August 15, 2011

FAMILIES ARE FOREVER!

Sandi and Ken, July 2011
I was reading through lots of LDS quotes focusing on family, and my favorite is still "Families are Forever." That gets you through challenges along the way to "forever" for sure. This summer was my favorite summer of all time because my family all came together in Utah. Cousins meeting cousins for the first time, siblings hugging siblings for the first time in six year in some cases, and it was beautiful. Thank you to cute Lesa for arranging family pictures in a beautiful setting there in Bountiful, Utah. I still remember sitting there looking at all of the children and their families dressed alike - yellow, green, blue - and realizing how blessed I am to have been given these beautiful children and grandchildren in this life to raise and love. What joy they have brought me. 
Joshua, Chris, Angela, David, Ben, Sandi, Ken


The last picture I have hanging here in my office on the wall has all of my children with one married - Ben with wife Cooper holding baby Adelaide. That's how long it's been since we all got together for pictures - officially, other than for weddings. But most of the wedding pictures are missing someone, that's why these pictures are so special to me. Even my mom was there, so I had to have a couple of pictures taken with her and her great grandchildren. At 83, this picture will be cherished by all those in the picture.



Grandma Clayton and her Great Grandchildren


I'm not sure how to align these side-by-side. I need Cooper to do that. Cooper coordinated the color schemes and it worked beautifully. It's so wonderful having a family artist around who can bring her expertise into everything, including keeping my Burgess Biz website looking sharp. Thanks Cooper!
Generational Photo :-)


July 2011 will be treasured in our thoughts, our communications with all of the children's incredible family blogs, which I love reading. And now these special pictures. I posted a few on Facebook and my friends loved them. I think many live vicariously through me with my children and grandchildren. Missing in action...new baby boy Beckham Christopher Burgess. But I blogged on him in the previous post. Maybe next summer we'll do this again? Hope so. We just have to get Ben and Cooper to drive out again from State College, PA. Long drive, but so worth it to be together as a family. 
All Five Kids, Four Spouses, 15 Grandkids!
Uncle David!
Our 15 fabulous grandkids!

No comments:

Post a Comment