Thursday, August 25, 2011

GROWING UP

Madison,  August 2011
I can't believe my granddaughter, Madison has just started 3rd grade. I was there with her birth, and it seems like yesterday. For that matter, it seems like yesterday when my own five children were starting school. I loved dressing them up, combing their hair, making their lunches, and getting all emotional when each of the five children started kindergarten. Those days flew by. Suddenly it was graduation from high school, then off to college, missions, marriage. Where did the time go? When I finally get a breather from work, voice students and church callings, I'm going to scan all of these pictures I have framed, in folders, Tupperware containers and scrapbooks, and create books for the kids. They need to see each other growing up - as I saw them. Perfect, beautiful spirits with different personalities all striving to be the best at everything they did. From singing to sports, they all shined. And I was the proudest mom in Irvine - that's for sure. 

Zoey (5) Kelli Jo (7) August, 2011
Zoey and Kelli Jo pictured here going to school in Utah for a month, while they await Beckham's passport, then they are off for another world-wide adventure to Poland. Kelli Jo has learned so many languages. Lesa told me that she was communicating beautifully with her school friends there in both Turkey and Poland. Kids are that way...so able to adapt and pick up languages - and for that matter, make friends so easily. We all need to learn something from that as adults. What? To adapt and be happy - no matter where we are.
I'm struggling here with placing my pictures, so I'll finish up and add a few more. My favorite is a picture with all of the grandkids this summer in Utah, July 2011. You can tell that I adore my grandkids and kids - and miss them terribly. I just may have to move back to Utah to be closer to them. Although... I hate winter weather. Love living here in California, or as my East Coast friends call it... La La Land. And, I think they are right. 
Chamberlain (5) August 2011 - ready for Kindergarten!
My fabulous 15 grandkids! Madison, Kelli Jo, Nolan, Adelaide, Oliver, Calvin, Chamberlain,
Brooklyn, Jane, Joshlyn, Ava,  Zoey, Jacquelynn, Sutton... (missing...Beckham now 2 weeks old)

No comments:

Post a Comment