Monday, September 19, 2011

September 15 1984

Me with new baby, David, Jessica & nurse Marva.
I was very touched when I saw the first post on September 15th on Facebook from Chris sending love to his sister, Jessica. His post was followed by Ben, Angela, Josh and David. Loving siblings that remember her for the short time she was on earth. Somethings we don't talk about too much. It's too painful. And I don't often visit her little grave in Newport Beach because the feeling of loss sweeps back over me. How I wish Jessica could have grown up with her four brothers and sister, and they could have joked around at the dinner table, attended each others games and activities. She knows them, and watches over them. I can feel her presence at times, and I know she loves this family. Things happen that we can't always explain. That's why, when asked how many children I have I say "six." Five living, one watching over us. Thank you kids for remembering you sister. She would have been 27 last week. It's always amazing to me that every year when September 15th rolls around, no matter how busy I am, my thoughts turn to that beautiful dark haired, brown eyed beautiful girl, and the love I felt for her, and still do. One day we will all be together again - an eternal family. I'm thankful for that knowledge. With the gospel, that knowledge of eternal life and "families are forever" brings comfort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment