Saturday, October 1, 2011

LET THE DECORATING BEGIN!


Centerpiece Table
Left Mantle
Right Mantle
The Kitchen Bar
Angela's Girls matching Halloween dresses!
Chris' Girls in Similar matching dresses!
Trunk 'r Treat 2010 Angela's Girls
Ben's Jane
I love to decorate for the holidays starting with Halloween, Oct. 1st. This year I thought about not decorating until Christmas because all of the kids are gone, there are no trick 'r treat'rs (think everyone here is retired.) And the fun at this time of year has always been to go over to the church parking lot for "trunk 'r treat" with Angela's girls. With them now in Utah I was going to skip this crazy holiday all together. We even booked tickets to spend Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania with Ben, Cooper and their family. When kids grow up and move on with their lives, it's different at holiday time. Ken, however, wanted me to decorate the house. He brought in the Halloween and Thanksgiving boxes and prodded me to get the house done. So after a day of boxes sitting in the house blocking our walking area, I decorated for both at the same time. So there are pilgrims, Indians, turkeys, cornucopia (glitzy) and also a bit of Halloween. I didn't take pictures of the tops of the tall cupboards and my office. Yes, I do go a little nutso with holiday decorating, but this is nothing compared to Christmas.  Now that it's decorated, I love it, my voice students love it, Ken, and the great news...Angela and Eddie are on their way here from Utah. So I have someone to enjoy it! 
Kitchen Cupboarfd

No comments:

Post a Comment