Thursday, August 16, 2012

Strolling in the Park

Me and Beckham
Yes, this is me in my usual way with riding the rides at either Disneyland, Knottsberry Farm, Magic Mountain or the Orange County Fair. While everyone is enjoying being tossed on their heads, thrown from side to side in a fun-thrilled ride, I am here usually pushing a baby (now grandbaby), or sitting patiently in the shade while my thrill-seeking children and grandchildren seek the thrills, so to speak. And, please don't feel sorry for me. I choose to not ride on the majority of the rides that are featured at a given park. Why? I just don't have the stomach for it. And I know this from my early years as a kid going to Lagoon in Utah. My mom loved the big wooden roller coaster there, and usually tried coaxing me to come on. But when she managed to get me to ride, she, along with everyone in the party that day, regretted it. I was dizzy, felt nauseous and had to lie down on more than one occasion. Of course, the winning event was Senior Ditch Day at Lagoon in high school when the boyfriend of the day talked me into riding the Tilt-o-whirl where not only was I sick the rest of the day, but actually (and literally) lost my lunch on the ride. So...I prefer watching the babies, taking pictures and waving like nice grandmas do on the sidelines. The next time, however, I'm asking for a free days pass for just standing, sitting and buying lunch for everyone.
Chris' kids love taking pix with every character in the park. This is Knottsberry Farm during their trip for David's wedding.

I do like this one - just not the lines you have to wait in to go on it!

Ben and Cooper.  Cooper wasn't sure about this. Think it ruined her day too.

Girls look mighty scared to me...

Wave at Grandma

Face painting bribe from Chris for his girls to ride with him on every (literally) every ride in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment