Sunday, December 30, 2012

Caring Kids xo


The Best Kids in the World!
I spent most of December decorating the house for Christmas and being a little melancholy because none of my kids were coming for Christmas. Ben lives in State College, PA, Angela in Orem, Utah, Chris in Bountiful, Utah (but playing currently in Abu Dhabi), Josh lives in Hurricane, Utah, and David in Las Vegas. For many reasons no one was coming. So I kept everyone updated on the beautiful decorations by taking and posting pictures of everything. Somehow that made me feel that they were all a part of Christmas. Ken and I were awakened early with texts from Chris trying to connect with us from across the planet. We got up, got dressed and headed down to open our presents. The ritual with the kids has always been to go from youngest to oldest, and of course, it's so much more fun with children around to see their excitement with opening their presents. But, we traded off opening presents, and it was lovely. What made the day was the Google+ group call David had organized with all of the kids (minus Chris) at 5pm that night. That was a very loving thing to do, and it was wonderful. We chaotically talked with one another and had a fun time doing it. I thought, after that call, of how blessed I am, and how caring my kids are. They love us deeply, love each other, love the Lord and are happily married with beautiful families. That makes me happy.
Google+ with Kids on Christmas Day

David and Sarah
The morning after Christmas I woke up with a pinched nerve in my neck and I couldn't lift my left arm. The pain got worse as the day went on. We drove over the Las Vegas to stay a day or two with David and Sarah, and I was miserable with this arm challenge. David did everything he could to ease the pain, then took me to the chiropractor, headed out to pick up the necessary medicines I needed, and was more loving than you can imagine.

Ben with Oliver
Again, I thought about how thoughtful my children always are. The love unconditionally and freely show it with their actions. When I had a huge challenge with my foot a few years back, Ben rushed me to the hospital, gave me a Priesthood blessing, and Cooper sat by my side the full ten days I was there in Mary Washington Hospital. They both then nursed me back to health for six weeks at their home. Tremendous sacrifice was made to make sure I was OK.

Angela with Sutton
Angela has massaged my shoulders with her essential oils and showed her love and devotion in so many ways with looking up holistic remedies to help with my chronic bronchitis and diabetic challenges.  Chris spent a full month in the summer working me out to try to help me get into better shape. He and Lesa opened up their home to me, and didn't think twice about having me there - or anywhere I have joined up with them overseas.
Chris and Lesa

Josh has given me needed blessings when I have been faced with life's challenges. In essence...they are always there, and I am blessed because of them. So many examples of their love and devotion I will journal to keep me always thankful and humble to be blessed to be their momma. Yes, they are all unique and funny at times - even a bit sarcastic. But, when it counts, they are loving, caring kids, and I adore them.
Josh and Ashleigh
Ben and Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment