Monday, December 17, 2012

I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas!

Sutton holding her red shiny hippopotamus ornaments!
"I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
Don't want a doll, no dinky Tinker Toy
I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy..."

What kid doesn't love this song. Well 2 1/2 year old Sutton listened as her three sisters: Madison, Jacquelynn and Brooklyn were learning it to sing in the ward Christmas party program, and then fearlessly filled in the night of the performance, stealing the show, because Madison had programs with Clayton Productions. So, I couldn't resist buying up all of the red hippopotamus ornaments at Target for Sutton. Angela said she squealed with joy over this, and I knew she would.
Nutcracker Collection

Because none of my five (5) married children are coming for Christmas this year with none of my eighteen (18) darling grandchildren, I have taken a ton of pictures of the house so that they can at least take a peak. And we are going to make the trek to one, two or more of their homes exiting off the I-15 to Salt Lake. First, we'll stop off in Vegas to celebrate with the staff at Voyager, then see David and Sarah, then to Josh, Ashleigh & their three (3) doll babies - Chamberlain, Siri and Harrison, then possibly to Orem to see Angela. Chris, Lesa and their five (5) kids are all celebrating Christmas in Abu Dhabi, so we'll catch them early 2013. 
My Byer Carolers greet guests at the front door.


Right Side of Mantel

Left Side of Mantel
My life-sized Nutcracker at fireplace
The RED TREE in the front room
My Office Nutcracker Tree
My Lenox Nativity and Carolers
My Snowman Collection
My Large Santa Collection
Bedroom Reindeer Tree
Wakes Me Up 6am!
Memory Wreath 
I love, love, love to decorate for the holidays. And once decorated, I don't want to take it down. My favorite's is the Memory Wreath displaying ornaments that my children have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment