Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Traditions

It's no secret that I love the holidays, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas. I decorate the home from top to bottom, and love making everything festive and beautiful. Years ago I purchased a set of red and white china with gold edges just for Christmas Eve dinner. And all I've ever asked from my children as they were growing up, was to come to dinner nicely dressed for pictures. Well, as you can see to the left, this is how they ALWAYS showed up to this special dinner I prepared, decorated the table for, and worked sometimes 2-3 days to get things just right. Let's see, Angela looks like she just woke up, Chris hasn't combed his hair, and most the time came with no shirt on at all, or grabbed something from Angela's closet just to make me groan, Josh and David look asleep, and of course, I'm in a beautiful festive Christmas red sweater. 


Hmmm...well I still love the holidays and I, no matter how the kids show up at dinner on Christmas Eve, will continue cooking a very special meal, decorate, set the table with those beautiful plates and gold ware (pulled out only on special occasions), and hopefully, something will rub off with my now grown children. I hope they decorate beautifully (even on tight budgets), set a beautiful table and gather their families. These memories live with us forever and when we think about them, we smile, even when they look adopted or homeless when they do show up to eat.

1 comment:

  1. I do not look like I just woke up! Maybe just came back from basketball practice, but not like I just woke up. Chris however looks like he just woke up. At least I am smiling!!

    ReplyDelete