Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanksgiving in PA!

Of course, grandma brought everyone pj's and  new clothes to wear :-)
Oliver played on grandpa's Droid
Ken and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania with Ben, Cooper and the kids.  This is the first Thanksgiving in 37 years of marriage where we didn't host the feast, and I hardly had to cook. Cooper did most everything. I found a great Paula Dean recipe for sweet potatoes that I made, and I cut the fresh string beans for the Green Bean Casserole, but other than that, it was pretty much done by Cooper. It was wonderful. I'm going to let the pictures tell the story of this wonderful week there on the East Coast. Other than having to take 
three (3) flights to get into State College, it was an awesome trip, especially having a full week with the grand children.


My favorite is watching Ben chop down the Christmas tree, seeing the youngest place the star on the tree (this year Oliver), and playing games with the kids. I will miss them and do hope they can all come to David and Sarah's wedding in August. They just grow up too fast and we don't see them enough.
Ben took over my iPad, downloading some Zombie game.
Making snowflakes is part of the fun.
Calvin shows his cutting skills.
Ben shaved the beard just in time to chop down the tree.
Tree farm with the kids, actually pretty warm weather.
Oliver puts the star on the tree...family tradition (youngest)

No comments:

Post a Comment